Recipes

Recipes
Recipes

Accountability

Accountability
Accountability

Coaching

Coaching
Coaching

Meal Planning for Successful Weight loss

Happy Sunday! Sundays are may days to meal plan, grocery shop, and meal prep. I truly believe that you can own every fitness program on the market, have a personal trainer, fancy gym membership and gym equipment, but if you don't have proper nutrition then you are doing yourself a disservice. You haven't already heard: 80% to 90% of your results come from your nutrition and the other 10% to 20% comes from fitness.

You can give me every excuse in the book, like my kids kept me up last night, I ran out of time, or I don't have money to buy healthy food. Well, it costs a whole lot more to take care of a sick person versus a healthy person. You have so much more energy to play with your kids and do the things that you want when you are healthy and vibrant. When you get regular physical activity and proper nutrition you can live your life to the fullest. One of the way that I make sure to keep myself and my family on track is through sitting down each Sunday, making a meal plan, grocery shopping and then taking the time to prep my snacks for the week.

It takes me less than 30 minutes to make a meal plan and compile a grocery list. I have a template on my computer that I pull up and update each week with my 5-6 meals a day. Then, I check the pantry as I develop my game plan and write down anything that I need to pick up.

Here is my meal plan!

This is something I share with my customer and challenge groups each week. A big part of my program is planning. You cannot be successful until you have a focus. This plan gives you a starting point. When you know what you are making and eating each night it removes the last minute guess work and stress. You know that you have something in mind already and there is no room for the common excuse "I don't know what to make so lets just order in."


After my meal plan and list are ready we headed out to the grocery store. Usually, I head to Giant or Wegmans. We've really learned that meal planning is a great tool for our budget too.
We always buy our fruit and meat in bulk. Since we go through so much ground turkey, chicken and eggs it makes sense to do it this way. We load up our cart with the basics.

On my grocery list this week was:
Eggs
Greek Yogurt (plain)
Cottage cheese
Chicken
Apples
Clementines
Strawberries
Bananas for my Shakeology
Frozen Blueberries for my oatmeal
Lettuce
Cherry Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Carrots
Avocados
Green Beans
Broccoli
Zucchini
Raw Almonds
Almond Butter
Strawberries
UnsweetenedAlmond Milk
Quinoa

Now it's back home to do some prepping for the week!
I spend some time cooking some hard boiled eggs for quick grab and eat protein. You can also put the eggs on your salad if you aren't a fan of chicken.



Snacks:
I have apples and 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter as a snack. Clementines and unsalted almonds (14) and veggies and hummus.
I also have some grilled chicken salads and individual servings of dressing ready to go!
My Shakeology for my lunch or afternoon snack is always with me. The blender bottle is genius. If you don't have a small blender this has a wire ball inside that you add your water and packet of Shakeology to. Then you literally shake the living daylights out of it and you are good to go!

Now when I wake up this am, I just open the fridge, grab my snacks, lunch and put it in my tote and out the door I go. Or in my case, to my home office is!

Do you want to learn more about meal planning and preparing food? Do you want to know how you can change your lifestyle, lose weight, have more energy and fuel your body for energy and not just for comfort? Join my 30 day fitness and accountability online support group. In this exclusive group I will teach you one on one my tools and tricks of the trade. How to grocery shop, plan your meals and be successful. Everything from eating out, traveling, surviving parties and more!

It all starts with you and a choice to make the change! Join me son the best journey of your entire life!! A healthy one!

Spots Fill Fast! Message me for details!
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.